INFICON is a growing, global, leading provider of innovative technologies that enhances productivity and quality in sophisticated industrial processes. The products provided by INFICON are world-class instruments for gas analysis, measurement, and control and are vital to manufacturers and end-users in the complex fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics, flat panel displays, solar cells, and industrial vacuum coating applications. INFICON is headquartered in Switzerland and has world-class manufacturing facilities in Europe, the United States and China with subsidiaries located throughout the world. This position will be located at INFICON's U.S. headquarters in East Syracuse, NY. For more detailed information about INFICON, please visit our website at www.inficon.com.
The Production Training and Development Manager reports to the Director of Production Development & Excellence. The Production Training and Development Manager is a member of the Production Development & Excellence Team and owns the overall implementation, effectiveness, and efficiency of the production training program. The PDE team is responsible for the development of production processes and excellence in production including developing world class technicians known for their craftsmanship.
Together with the PDE team and Production Execution team, the Production Training and Development Manager is responsible for defining, execution, coordinating, and continually improving training practices, standards, and outcomes.
The Production Training and Development Manager must be able to work and influence cross â€“functionally as this position will interface with and coordinate resources/schedules with the Process Lead team, Process Engineering team, and Production technicians. Must be able to build relationships with all levels of the organization especially at the technician level where the Production Training and Development Manager is expected to maximize the potential of each individual.
Specific duties include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Own overall production training effectiveness and efficiency
- Develop, Optimize, and continually improve INFICON training process
- Coordinate training and auditing with appropriate resources
- Mentor and train the trainers
- Develop and procure general skill as well as general product knowledge training
- Provide and participate directly in training and auditing
- Develop, maintain, and communicate metrics on training and audit rates & effectiveness
- Review perceived "Operator Error" incidents and determine true root cause & corrective action (training, documentation, process, materials, skills gap) and communicate to the organization
- Minimal requirement: BS in Engineering/Science with 3+ yearsâ€™ experience in a training coordinator/manager role or similar role after progressing through an organization
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt with Strong Preference for Black Belt
- Demonstrated knowledge in implementing, monitoring, and owning a training program in a high tech production environment
- Demonstrated history of collaboration with multiple levels of an organization and direct interaction with technician/operator level teams and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and simultaneously oversee multiple activities and projects.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, planning, and problem solving skills
- Self motivated to achieve and both promote and achieve high levels of performance.
- Lifelong learner; technologically savvy.
- Ability and willingness to travel; 0-10% (includes international travel).
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, competitive benefits package, and relocation assistance.
INFICON, is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers that apply without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, age, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. A notice describing Federal equal employment opportunity laws is available here and here to reaffirm this commitment.
INFICON is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity at INFICON and require special assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at 315-434-1100. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION