Essential Job Functions:
- Operates wastewater treatment facility. (Class K operator’s license required)
- Processes parts through chemical processes to meet production schedule. Coordinates with engineers and supervisors to assist in determining priorities.
- Trains and supervises Chemical Operators
- Maintains chemical process equipment
- Performs chemical analysis and testing
- Prepares manifests and arranges for chemical disposal. Oversees sanitary waste water treatment operations
- Trouble shoots on metallurgical processes as required
- Responsible for maintenance of equipment and tools in supervised area
- Evaluates and recommends equipment for purchase
- Maintains all required paperwork and documentation
- Insures and monitors all chemical processes to be in compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws and regulations.
- Maintains compliance with Company policies, safety standards and good housekeeping practices.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Chemical Operators
Qualification Requirements: Bachelors of Science degree in chemistry or chemical engineering or the equivalent in experience. Five years’ minimum experience in plating processes, metallurgical chemistry, waste treatment, chemical research. Knowledge of all EPA and OSHA regulations is a definite plus, as well as having held a class K wastewater treatment operator’s license.