Director - Technical Services - Packaging/Inks/Chemical - Chicago
Our client, a leading manufacturer of inks and pigments is seeking a Customer Technical Service Director based out of their Chicago area office.
This is a strategic leadership role reporting into the VP of Sales and will be responsible for all planning, organizing and directing activities for over 300 employees across the US including 60 Customer Technical Reps and 6 supervisors employees.
The primary goal is to deliver optimal service at a competitive cost. To achieve this goal, this individual must ensure the network of Technical Service Representatives is fully capable of delivering on-site troubleshooting at a competitive cost. This includes initiating business improvement programs aimed at enhancing organizational productivity through appropriate methods, standards, training and procedures.
This role will be expected to achieve profitable service leadership, striking a balance between cost to serve and customers demands for value-added services. Able to lead and manage best service delivery approach which simultaneously focuses on service-related margin, customer satisfaction and retention.
Must possess a high degree of problem solving and out-of-the box thinking and will be a change agent capable of building a strong team that can deliver results.
- Bachelors Degree Required - Business, Science or Engineering degree preferred.
- MBA highly desirable
- 10+ years leadership in technical sales/service in chemicals, inks, packaging or related manufacturing industries
- 5+ Years of management with strong background in business and customer interface experience
- Ability to shape strategy and translates into actionable plans.
- Strong organization, planning & multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to build & energize a team.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Influential relationship management skills
- Strong business & commercial skills
Overnight travel required on an as-needed basis - typically average out to 25-30% but might require more at times if necessary.