Director - Technical Services - Packaging/Inks/Chemical - Chicago
Our client, a leading manufacturer of inks and pigments is seeking a Customer Technical Service Director based out of their Chicago area office.
This is a strategic leadership role reporting into the VP of Sales and will be responsible for all planning, organizing and directing activities for over 300 employees across the US including 60 Customer Technical Reps and 6 supervisors employees.
The primary goal is to deliver optimal service in the marketplace at a competitive cost to serve. To achieve this goal, this individual must ensure the network of Technical Service Representatives is fully capable of delivering on-site troubleshooting at a competitive cost. This includes initiating business improvement programs aimed at enhancing organizational productivity through appropriate methods, standards, training and procedures.
This role will be expected to achieve profitable service leadership striking a balance between cost to serve and customers demands for value-added services. They will decide the best service delivery approach which simultaneously focuses on service-related margin pressure and customer satisfaction and retention.
Must possess a high degree of problem solving and out-of-the box thinking and will be a change agent capable of building a strong team that can deliver results.
- Bachelors Degree Required - Business, Science or Engineering degree preferred.
- MBA highly desirable
- 10+ years industry experience in chemicals, inks, packaging or related manufacturing industries
- 7 -10 Years of Management with strong background in Business and Customer Interface Experience
- Ability to Shape Strategy & Translates It into Actionable Plans
- Strong Organization, Planning & Multi-Tasking Skills
- Ability to Build & Energize A Team
- Ability to Work Extremely Well Under Pressure & Meet Deadlines
- Influence / Relationship Management Skills
- Strong Business & Commercial Skills
- Comfort with Ink Technology
Overnight travel required on an as-needed basis - typically average out to 25-30% but might require more at times if necessary.