INFICON is a growing, global, leading provider of innovative technologies that enhances productivity and quality in sophisticated industrial processes. The products provided by INFICON are world-class instruments for gas analysis, measurement, and control and are vital to manufacturers and end-users in the complex fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics, flat panel displays, solar cells, and industrial vacuum coating applications. INFICON is headquartered in Switzerland and has world-class manufacturing facilities in Europe, the United States and China with subsidiaries located throughout the world. This position will be located in East Syracuse, NY office. For more detailed information about INFICON, please visit our website at www.inficon.com.
INFICON is looking for a Quality and Engineering Manager to build and lead a dynamic team in a globally operating high-tech company. The Quality and Engineering Manager will spearhead transformative change in culture, processes, and technology to ensure world class performance. The Quality and Engineering Manager is responsible for driving quality at the source using Lean and Continuous Improvement principles along with continued reliability through process definition and pro-active monitoring and control techniques. The ideal candidate has multi-year experience in Quality and Engineering in a lean manufacturing environment, is a respected leader, coach and communicator, is able to define a vision, ambitious targets and projects, and lead execution towards fast results.
- Lead the expansion and sustainment of a committed quality culture throughout the entire value chain through influence and managing skills.
- Plan, organize, and direct the activities of the process engineering and quality staff ensuring they provide the necessary technical support to production, purchasing, and R&D to achieve objectives
- Direct the development of new and existing manufacturing processes to maintain a competitive advantage and provide growth options for design
- Drive continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs and complexity
- Manage new product development zero series and production ready sign off
- Lead containment, root cause analysis, corrective, and preventive actions
- Train and mentor team and suppliers to perform effective problems solving using standard tools
- Manage the quality metrics, cost of poor quality to achieve business goals, and optimize return on investment
- Lead, participate in and facilitate cross-functional teams on process control and optimization projects to stabilize and improve first pass yield
- Participate in other continuous improvement projects
- Establish and maintain business processes, validation, audit, and compliance activities with team of Quality professionals
- Exchange and collaboration with worldwide business units of INFICON
- Bachelors Degree in a Technical Field with 10+ Years continuous experience with progressive responsibility
- Minimum 5+ years management experience in Engineering and/or Quality function in a lean environment
- Demonstrated success in developing, leading, coaching a team in Engineering and Quality along with strong team- and cross functional communication
- Demonstrated success in leading breakthrough/improvement projects: ambitious targets, structured approach, enthuse/convince people, cross functional communication, fast results
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Process Engineering and Control including FMEA, Control Plans, Statistical Process Control, and Root Cause determination
- Experience in lean manufacturing including and Continuous Improvement including process design and management, 5S, visual factory, standard work, GEMBA walks
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or higher
- Experience with SAP, information systems
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.
INFICON, is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers that apply without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, age, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. A notice describing Federal equal employment opportunity laws is available here and here to reaffirm this commitment.
INFICON is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity at INFICON and require special assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at 315-434-1100. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION