Laboratory Manager | Fragrance Air Care
Our client is currently seeking a Full Time experienced Laboratory Manager who wants to be energized everyday by joining their creative team at their sun-filled headquarters in Wilmington, DE; overlooking the beautiful Brandywine River.
The mission of the Laboratory Manager is multi-faceted requiring mastery in the areas of Laboratory Operations, Quality Control/Assurance, and Regulatory Affairs. The focus is on a proactive working manner insuring all duties and obligations are managed in a timely manner and our client is providing world class products and services to all their stakeholders.
- Author, execute, train and enforce proper laboratory procedures and protocols and related safety topics for our fragranced product laboratory.
- Perform tests and prepare samples as required in accordance with good laboratory practices and procedures.
- Provide superior formulations that present corporate advantages
- Work with external organizations to seek out and manage new product development opportunities to support the long term strategic innovation pipeline
- Work with Marketing on new product briefs, innovation and pipeline development
- Ensure new product development delivery against approved timelines
- Stay abreast of trends in the Fragranced Air Care Market
- Interact with external suppliers to bring in new technologies and identify new product types
Team Development and Leadership:
- Manage a team of direct reports providing direction, mentoring, supervision, training and career development
- Motivate and energize the staff to make proactive decisions in all their communications with clients
- Manage internal and external R&D team members required to support our client’s R&D strategy
- Implement a R&D training and orientation program to educate new hires as our company grows
- Develop, document, implement and manage testing protocol for all product lines.
- Work with manufacturing partners to ensure proper testing equipment and procedures are in place and being utilized to meet our client’s requirements.
- Analyze all test data for accuracy and identify and escalate potential problems in sufficient time for corrective actions to be implemented.
- Evaluate environmental and safety regulatory impact on existing and proposed products.
- Work with Regulatory to ensure global acceptability of raw materials and formulations
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality and Supply Chain
- A minimum 8 years of experience with a Bachelor of Science Degree
- OR a minimum 6 years of experience with a Master of Science Degree
- OR a minimum 4 years of experience with a PhD Degree is required
- Experience in product formulation is required
- Specialty fragrance / aromatics / consumer products experience is preferred
- Minimum of two years’ experience managing in a laboratory environment
- Ability to operate independently, prioritize and support documentation needs is required
- Prior fragrance and olfactive training is preferred
- Strong presentation skills are required
- Excellent Organization with ability to Multi-Task
- Creative Problem solving with analytical skills
Environmental Factors & Physical Requirements:
- This position requires travel by car, train and by air
- Must have the ability to move freely throughout all of our client’s manufacturing plants and to provide the physical dexterity and abilities needed for common laboratory practice
- Must demonstrate a reasonable sense of smell and color identification.
- Occasional travel to mainland China and Hong Kong is required. Applicant must be able to attain proper visas required for this