The Production Shift Supervisor will be responsible for the day to day running of the Production Department under the general supervision of the Production Manager. This position will be responsible for meeting all production and shipping requirements in a safe, timely and efficient manner and to coordinate and assist in supervising a team of production employees to maximize safety and improve productivity. This position will actively contribute to support and work to continuously improve the safety program.
- Assist the Production Manager in all aspects of day to day operation of the plant, providing leadership and direction in the day to day decision making for the area of responsibility.
- Supervise the operation of plant equipment to maximize productivity; providing operational and technical support to the operators.
- Ensure that all employees understand and follow standard operating procedures, plant operation, and equipment maintenance requirements through training programs and control systems.
- Manage the training process for all operations personnel.
- Complete performance reviews for all subordinates.
- Process time cards, vacation/time off requests and maintain staffing schedule for the area of responsibility.
- Ensure that good housekeeping practices are maintained in all areas of the plant.
- Actively participate in the plant safety programs, reviewing and enforcing all safety and health regulations, providing safety training as needed, completing action items necessary for safety and health compliance, and investigating any safety problem or accident within the department.
- Perform activities and participate in project initiatives to improve the reliability, efficiency, and continuous improvement of plant operations; implements best practices
- Assist with the coordination of plant shutdowns, including coordination of plant personnel tasks and ensuring all necessary materials and equipment are obtained.
- Review maintenance requests and coordinate daily maintenance activities with the maintenance staff
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience in a food and/or chemical continuous processing plant
- 1-3 years leadership and/or supervisory experience desired; 3-5 years supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to work a rotating shift in a 24/7 plant.
- Ability to climb stairs, work in high heat and humidity and lift 50lbs
- Working understanding of chemical unit operations in a food grade process
- Understanding of theory concerning food-grade processing and mechanical aptitude with food-grade process equipment preferred
- Demonstrated experience in project execution, with project management experience preferred
- Demonstrated fundamental understanding of mechanical equipment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute against production plans to meet output requirements
- Demonstrated experience in successful troubleshooting and problem-solving facilitation skills
- Computer skills desired, especially Microsoft XL, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
We expect four leadership skills from all our employees:
- Act like a valuable team member
- Target quality and excellence
- Be disciplined and compliant
- Make decisions quickly and with determination.