Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Job Opportunity at
MJ Recruiters LLC
Posted on Jul 19
Quality Engineer – Automotive
Sandusky, Ohio area
Salary up to 80K + competitive benefits and 401K
Do you have at least 5 years of quality engineering experience in CLASS A surfaces?
Have you performed quality tasks from cradle to grave?
Do you enjoy being hands on in the quality process?
Are you willing to travel up to 25%?
Don't delay, apply today!
Due to growth, automotive supplier is seeking a quality engineer to work within their quality engineering team and be assigned to a specific supplier and customer focus. The quality engineer will report to the quality manager and will be responsible for the following tasks:
Communicate with key customers and serve as the point of contact for any quality issues
Determine root cause of quality issues and create countermeasure plans
Oversee quality related to new model launches
Complete control plans
Assist the manufacturing floor on quality issues and concerns
Coordinate quality training for floor associates
Assist with PPAP and APQP documentation
Utilize formal problem solving techniques
Other quality engineering tasks as assigned
Candidates must be able to communicate directly and effectively at all levels, be self-motivated, take initiative on projects, work on multiple tasks and be hands on. This position requires candidates to be on the floor up to 50% of their day. Individuals should have excellent floor communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with front line associates. Medical benefits are available the first of the month after 60 days of employment. Holiday, vacation, medical, dental, vision and competitive 401K!
REQUIREMENTS for the Quality Engineer:
1. A minimum of a high school diploma, preferably an associate's degree
2. At least 5-10 years of similar manufacturing quality engineering experience
3. Experience working with Class A automotive surfaces
4. Experience with root cause analysis, formal problem solving and instituting countermeasures
5. General knowledge of PPAP documentation
6. Working knowledge of capability studies and SPC
7. Working knowledge of FMEA, control plans and process flow
8. Customer communication experience related to quality issues and/or concerns
9. Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
Skills preferred but NOT required:
1. Supplier quality engineering
2. New model activity
3. Quality certifications – CQE, CQT, etc.
Why work for this organization:
1. The organization is experiencing growth and has new business coming in
2. Competitive medical benefits package
3. Good work/life balance; flexible hours for performers
4. Profitable organization
5. Good 401K
Candidates are preferred to be local to the Sandusky, Ohio area.
QA manager, QA supervisor, QA engineer, quality assurance engineer, quality engineer, quality supervisor, quality manager, quality coordinator, quality technician, 8d, 5p, 5d, automotive, oem, ford, Honda, Toyota, injection molding, plastics, assembly, new program, new model, fmea, pfmea, apqp, quality systems, quality control, RCA, corrective actions, counter measures, mechanical engineer, manufacturing technologies, industrial technologies
Terms of Usage
ChemicalEngineer.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2019, All Rights Reserved)