INFICON is a growing, global, leading provider of innovative technologies that enhances productivity and quality in sophisticated industrial processes. The products provided by INFICON are world-class instruments for gas analysis, measurement, and control and are vital to manufacturers and end-users in the complex fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics, flat panel displays, solar cells, and industrial vacuum coating applications. INFICON is headquartered in Switzerland and has world-class manufacturing facilities in Europe, the United States and China with subsidiaries located throughout the world. This position will be located at INFICON's U.S. headquarters in East Syracuse, NY. For more detailed information about INFICON, please visit our website at www.inficon.com.
The Quality Engineer reports to the Director of Production Development & Excellence. The Quality Engineer is a member of the Production Development & Excellence Team and owns defining and ensuring quality as part of the product and production development process. The PDE team is responsible for the development of production processes and products in collaboration with the design team, design for manufacture, collaborating on production fixturing & test equipment, process control, process development, continuous lean improvement, and training.
Together with the PDE team, the Quality Engineer is responsible for defining and validating key characteristics, SPC targets, part requirements, and specifications to ensure the development of robust high yielding production processes and products from concept to implementation. This position is a key partner in driving excellence in production.
The quality engineer must be able to work and influence cross â€“functionally as this position will interface with R&D, Product Development, Process Engineering team, Operations Production team, Operations Quality team, and Product Teams.
Specific duties include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Define key characteristics along the product development stage-gate process to ensure producability and quality.
- Define targets for Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Statistical Process Monitoring (SPM) to be implemented in Production in coordination with the Process Engineering Team. Define value and pro-active action plans for each characteristic.
- Own and process DFMEA and PFMEA during the product development and launch process.
- Coordinate with Supplier Quality Engineers and Advanced Purchasing on Critical to Quality (CTQ) requirements for new product components.
- Coordinate and transfer SPC/SPM monitoring from development to operations quality team.
- Develop and transfer measurement plans, equipment, and data requirements from product development phase to the Operations production team and Vendors where appropriate.
- Contribute to PDE team direction definition including production technology direction, equipment and process standardization, and new process development for future customer needs.
- Minimal requirement: BS in Engineering/Science with 3-5+ yearsâ€™ experience in progressively more responsible engineering and/or Quality roles with a strong preference for at least 5+ years of quality experience.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt with Strong Preference for Black Belt
- Demonstrated knowledge in implementing, monitoring, and deriving value from Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Statistical Process Monitoring (SPM)
- Demonstrated history of defining quality as part of both product development and production processes.
- Experience in high cleanliness, tight tolerance, and high mix manufacturing environments.
- Demonstrated experience in diverse measurement systems including CMM, optical CMM, laser, vision recognition.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and simultaneously oversee multiple.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self motivated to achieve and promote high levels of performance.
- Lifelong learner; technologically savvy.
- Ability and willingness to travel; up to 10% (includes international travel).
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, competitive benefits package, and relocation assistance.
INFICON, is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers that apply without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, age, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. A notice describing Federal equal employment opportunity laws is available here and here to reaffirm this commitment.
INFICON is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity at INFICON and require special assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at 315-434-1100. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION