Quality Manager -- Food Product Manufacturing -- Company Growth Positions!
Currently seeking experienced 2 Quality Managers to fill positions located in the Saginaw, MI and Henderson, MN areas with a prominent food product manufacturing company. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of QA and leadership experience in the food/bev or dairy industry.
Responsibilities of the Quality Manager
• Ensure daily plant Quality and Food Safety operations are in compliance with policies, procedures, customer requirements, and local, state, and federal regulations.
• Ensure escalation of non-conformance events to the proper operations and corporate QA personnel.
• Maintain robust and effective Food Safety and Quality Plans with supporting prerequisite programs. Collaborate with plant and corporate resources to ensure the plant is always at a
regulatory state of readiness for FSMA. Monitor and make recommendations for improvement.
• Lead customer specification management.
• Manage “Hold and Release” programs for finished products and ingredients.
• Manage standardized operating procedures (SOP’s).
• Provide ultimate oversight of the plant laboratory operations (staff, training, compliance to the Laboratory Quality Manual and Methods) for both the fluid and finished product laboratories.
• Oversee auditing. Oversee record review.
• Manage CAPA systems (Corrective Action/Preventive Actions).
• Manage customer/consumer complaints.
• Maintain quality/food safety related certifications and licenses at the site.
• Implement and oversee Pathogen Environmental Monitoring Program.
• Conduct investigations into incidents and quality issues. Document findings, perform trend analysis, and communicate to management, employees, and customers as appropriate.
• Monitor needs for capital and expense dollars in support of Quality and Food Safety goals. Work collaboratively with the plant manager to make preventative suggestions.
• Manage human resources activities for team. Manage sanitation and pest control programs.
• Measure continuous improvement.
• Maintain current knowledge through seminars and industry publications to develop skills and improve job performance. Attend required training, including but not limited to Safety, GMP,
HACCP, FSMA and Safe Quality Foods (SQF).
• Ensure availability to respond to emergencies or other unexpected operational requirements (i.e., nights, weekends, or holidays). Participate in on-call rotation as needed.
• Participate in the annual plant budgeting process.
Requirements of the Quality Manager
• Bachelor’s degree required in Food Science, Biological Sciences, or related field
• Minimum 5 years of experience in food or dairy processing environment, including 5 years of direct supervisory responsibilities
• HACCP certification
• SQF Practitioner certified or obtain within first 90 days
• PQCI certification
• May be required to obtain and maintain other certifications and/or licenses in the future
• LACF experience as required
• Prior supervisory experience with strong leadership skills
• Excellent attention to detail and good organizational skills
Compensation of the Experienced Quality Manager
Starting annual salary range for this position is $90,000-$105,000, plus a 10% bonus target. Relocation assistance is provided.