EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
B.S. degree in Metallurgical or Chemical Engineering required (or other engineering degree in combination with pertinent experience) and 2 to 5 years of related work experience.
Travel estimated to be 50%
Responsible for regional sales of new equipment, parts and services as well as performance of the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for a sales territory including coordination of all new equipment sales efforts in that territory. New equipment may be purchased by an existing customer directly or through an EPCM or re-seller.
- Draws up or proposes new equipment, changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services which would result in cost reduction or improvement in operations
- Calls on customer representatives such as engineers, project managers, purchasing agents, or other professional and technical personnel at commercial, industrial, and other establishments and attempts to convince prospective client of desirability and practicability of products and services offered
- Reviews blueprints, flow sheets, and other customer requirements to develop and prepare cost estimates or projected increases in production from client's use of proposed equipment or service
- Provides technical presentations to clients and sales representatives relating to benefits from use, and operation of new equipment and maintenance of existing equipment
- Responsible for backing up other sales engineers when they are out of the office. Specific territories will be assigned but work may be assigned from any territory.
- Grows the total revenue base and maintains acceptable margins at designated sites
- Manages the Customer Relationship. Acts as single POC (Point of Contact) for all site/customer technical and commercial issues and travels often to sites
- Provides basic technical information and one off documents
- Sets stocking levels and scheduling activities
- Processes or manages the process of larger value orders
- Interfaces with customer side sourcing/warehouse
- Forecasts parts demand w/ assistance from Sales Manager for min/max levels
- Oversees rebuild quotation process and delivery; provides RMAs
- Oversees return and disassembly processes
- Generating parts quotations & issues to customer
- Promotes new PSA (Product Support Agreement) program and heads any selling efforts
- Inspect equipment for proper installation using manuals/drawings and general knowledge as guides Provide engineering with feedback and/or recommendations as to current problems noted
- Observe equipment in operation to assure proper function and field test for fit and operational values. Note discrepancies and coordinate corrective action through engineering
- Assists field service to provide maintenance instruction on new and used equipment to operating and maintenance personnel at job site
- Monitor replacement of worn parts on all equipment and document
- Make corrective recommendations on equipment failures and/or personally oversee repair of equipment as needed with sales engineer and/or project manager approval
- Inspect equipment and recommend parts, repair or replacement, and oversee field refurbishment of equipment under warrantable conditions.
- Supervise and assist Contractors with installing, repairing, and/or rebuilding equipment.
- Performs general training and gives technical assistance to customers
- Review parts and rebuild sales orders for job sites that have been visited or communicated with
- Be able to access FLSmidth business systems from remote areas to confirm availability and lead time for required parts
- Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of management