INFICON is a growing, global, leading provider of innovative technologies that enhances productivity and quality in sophisticated industrial processes. The products provided by INFICON are world-class instruments for gas analysis, measurement, and control and are vital to manufacturers and end-users in the complex fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics, flat panel displays, solar cells, and industrial vacuum coating applications. INFICON is headquartered in Switzerland and has world-class manufacturing facilities in Europe, the United States and China with subsidiaries located throughout the world. This position will be located at INFICON's U.S. headquarters in East Syracuse, NY. For more detailed information about INFICON, please visit our website at www.inficon.com.
The Senior Process Engineer is a member of the Production Development & Excellence Team and owns the Process Definition, Control, Optimization, and Support for Residual Gas Analyzer (RGA), Compact Process Monitors (CPM), and the Advanced Mass Spectrometry (AMS) test areas. The PD&E team is responsible for the development of production processes and products in collaboration with the design team, design for manufacture, collaborating on production fixturing & test equipment, process control, process development, continuous lean improvement, and training.
Together with the PDE team, the Process Engineer is responsible for process definition, process control, process support, process optimization, and training. The Process engineer will focus on the development and maintenance of robust high yielding production processes. This position is a key partner in driving excellence in production.
The Senior Process engineer is expected to be intensely familiar with the people, process, and methods within their departments.
The senior process engineer must be able to work and influence cross â€“functionally as this position will interface with Technicians, Product Development, Operations Production team, Operations Quality team, and Product Teams.
Specific duties include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Process definition including work instructions, control plans, production layout, and ergonomics
- Oversee Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Statistical Process Monitoring (SPM) in Production- define pro-active action plans for each characteristic.
- Process support on a daily basis failures and inquiries from the production team including all Level I support.
- Process optimization through the use of continuous improvement methods.
- Participate and perform in training activities and audits to ensure process conformance and excellence.
- Contribute to PDE team directive to ensure design for manufacture by participating in design reviews, development efforts, and PD&E team activities.
- Minimal requirement: BS in Engineering/Science with 3+ yearsâ€™ experience in progressively more responsible engineering roles
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt or willingness to pursue
- Demonstrated knowledge in implementing, monitoring, and deriving value from Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Statistical Process Monitoring (SPM)
- Experience in high cleanliness, tight tolerance, and high mix manufacturing environments.
- Experience or familiarity with diverse measurement systems including CMM, optical CMM, laser, vision recognition.
- Experience in troubleshooting, root cause and corrective action activities.
- Experience working with and mentoring operator/technicians on a daily basis.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and simultaneously oversee multiple activities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self motivated to achieve and promote high levels of performance.
- Lifelong learner; technologically savvy.
- Ability and willingness to travel; up to 10% (includes international travel).
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, competitive benefits package, and relocation assistance.
INFICON, is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers that apply without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, age, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. A notice describing Federal equal employment opportunity laws is available here and here to reaffirm this commitment.
INFICON is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity at INFICON and require special assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at 315-434-1100. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION