Sr. Project Manager, Materials (Plastic – Polymer Materials)
Our FORTUNE 500 client company seeks Sr. Project Manager/Materials for its Division Engineering function, located in Hickory, NC.
Purpose of Position:
• Project resource to provide responsive and effective support to cable plants globally to achieve lowest cost, highest quality performance – “the best” in each geographic region in which company operates.
• Deployable to all cable regions (AMER, APAC and EMEA) to provide local resource support and solutions for technical and non-technical opportunities in raw materials cost reduction.
Essential skills and duties:
Plastic Materials and project management experience. Wire and cable manufacturing, specifically wrap and coatings materials.
The Project Manager will be responsible for coming up with a portfolio of projects involving raw material cost-reduction.
- Must understand the current thresholds and where they can be pushed. Coordinate cost reduction activities within manufacturing with all other business groups: Operations, Commercial, Technology and Procurement/Supply Chain.
- Ensure a “grass roots” coordination with Regional Engineering Managers and Plant Engineering Managers for all cost reduction activities.
Travel 10-20% primarily domestic but could also involve international trips would be 1-2 weeks out.
Education/Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Minimum: BS/MS Materials Science Engineering, Plastics Engineering, Polymer
• Engineering, Chemical Engineering, etc.
• Minimum 5 years engineering/ manufacturing experience.
• Strong communications, leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Superior project management and organizational skills.
• Significant number years cable engineering experience.
• Mastery of manufacturing best practices and philosophy in optimizing operations
$$$$ Competitive Salary, Plus bonus opportunity.
Full/comprehensive relocation package to Hickory NC and vicinity.
Urgent need to fill this “addition to staff” position.