Job Title: Technical Support Consultant – Chemical Engineering Software
Location: Cedar Knolls, NJ
Start Date: December 1, 2017
OLI Systems, Inc. is seeking a candidate with a strong background in chemical engineering or chemistry to join OLI’s technical support team. The ideal candidate should be an innovative thinker, demonstrate high initiative, have great communication skills and work to the highest ethical standards. OLI’s growing staff of engineers and scientists have built a strong, team-oriented culture. The candidate should be able to contribute and work effectively within this team environment.
OLI Systems, Inc., is a privately held corporation located in Cedar Knolls, NJ. The company was established in 1971 and has built a reputation for excellence in electrolyte thermodynamics within process industries, government, and academia. As a family run business, OLI’s success has been made possible by the dedication of its executives and highly skilled staff, who have an average tenure of approximately 14 years working for the company. OLI’s software is used in over 35 countries on 6 continents by engineers, chemists, technologists and researchers in a wide variety of industries. The software is driving innovation in the process industries through the most comprehensive electrolyte chemistry databank and highly predictive software tools.
The candidate will provide technical support for clients in the use of OLI Systems’ software. The OLI software is used worldwide for predicting the properties of complex mixtures that include electrolytes, performing process simulation in the chemical process industry, predicting scaling in oil and gas production and predicting corrosion in aqueous systems.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Working with the OLI model and software development teams on defining the necessary improvements, bug fixes and future projects in response to the needs of clients
- Working with alliance partners (primarily leading chemical process simulation companies) to resolve problems in the use of joint software products (i.e., OLI software integrated with third-party simulators)
- Performing and debugging advanced process simulation studies
- Participating in business development and introducing the software to prospects and new users. This will involve occasional travel to chemical engineering and corrosion conferences.
- Writing and updating software documentation as well as maintaining an online presence for OLI Support
- Providing training in the use of the OLI software
- Testing the OLI Software in both its stand-alone and alliance partner versions
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering or, alternatively, chemistry or other engineering discipline (an advanced degree is preferred)
- Familiarity with chemical process simulation
- Familiarity with thermodynamic modeling. Expertise in electrolyte properties and models is a major plus but may be acquired on the job.
- Familiarity with corrosion and/or mineral scaling in the chemical process industries is a major plus.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills for understanding installation and networking issues
Please contact Andre Anderko via email at, email@example.com, or by phone at 973-539-4996 ext. 25 with interest in this opportunity.